Sound Check – Jack Cortner Big Band – JazzedMedia – JM 1046
Featured soloists – Marvin Stamm, trpt. & flugel; Bill Mays, piano; Jon Gordon, alto sax; Jim Pugh, trombone; Dave Tofani, tenor sax; and John Riley, drums.
Sound Check is the second outing for Jack Cortner and his wonderful New York band of top studio and jazz musicians. Jack’s arrangements are, of course, the centerpiece of this exciting CD, and I was once again the featured artist along with pianist Bill Mays, trombonist Jim Pugh, saxophonists Jon Gordon and Dave Tofani, and drummer John Riley.
Sound Check was recorded at Clinton Studios in New York City with the same great band that played so brilliantly on Jack’s first album, Fast Track. Everyone gave their all, and the results speak for themselves.
- Strike Up The Band Jack Cortner 00:30
- Sometime Ago Jack Cortner 00:30
- Speak Low Jack Cortner 00:30
- Cantaloupe Island Jack Cortner 00:30
- Sound Check Jack Cortner 00:30
- Yesterdays Jack Cortner 00:30
- You & The Night & The Music Jack Cortner 00:30